Monday, October 5, 2009

an answer

We obviously still have many questions but we did get one answer today....

Yesterday's xray showed that Dad fracture a couple of ribs when he fell last Thursday:(

Apparently last Wednesday's EEG showed that the seizures were FINALLY being controlled....

But then Thursday's SPECT scan showed continued seizure activity?!?!

Another "family meeting" is premature because they don't have any new news ~ in other words, Dr Black has not had a chance to review the SPECT scan! VERY frustrating ~ especially as Dad's awareness continues to improve and he wants answers just as badly as we all do.

The hospital is obviously anxious to avoid another fall but their solution is grounding Dad which is not the answer ~ he and I did some standing exercises tonight....and I encouraged him to take a couple of steps.

This afternoon, Mom and I toured TRI ~ while very welcoming, they will not even consider Dad until he is medically stable. We have another resource meeting tomorrow afternoon and then I will return to WDC for several days. Either Alex or I will return over the long weekend to give Mom a respite from being primary caregiver.

Please keep the positive thoughts and prayers coming ~ Dad needs them to push through this current setback and get back on the strong recovery track he was on before.